Friday, May 25, 2012

Raw Cacao Fudge Balls

Raw Coconut Covered Fudge Balls

    With a consistency of fudge in a much healthier version, these fudge balls are sure to be to your delight. I have made brownies countless times, I love them, but I wanted something I could really sink my teeth into. This recipe is the perfect solution seeing as they are just the right amount of chewiness and firmness. The brownies have a base of pecans and walnuts whereas these have a base of cashews and almonds which are heavier and less oily than pecans or walnuts. Learning all about consistency really helps when trying to recreate your favorite recipes! I hope you enjoy these guilt free treats!

Yields: 20
Tools Needed: food processor, spice grinder
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Freeze Time: 30 minutes



1 cup cashews
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
2 dates
1/2 cup cacao
1/4 cup coconut butter
2 tbsp coconut nectar
1 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
1/8 cup coconut flakes

-Blend the nuts first
-Grind the sunflower seeds in a spice grinder
-Add in the dates and sunflower seeds to the mixture and blend
-Add in the rest of the ingredients and then blend again
-Roll them into balls or spread it into a pan to cut out fudge pieces
-Sprinkle coconut flakes on top
-Stick them in the freezer for 1 hour and store in the refrigerator
-Enjoy!

All almonds grown in the US are pasteurized, meaning they are not raw anymore. If you have any ethnic markets around you I recommend trying to find nuts there because they are cheaper, and they come from other countries which do not have such pasteurization laws. Even if they are labeled raw from california it's a lie, I don't know why they can do it I just know they sadly do. I was elated to find all my favorite nuts, seeds, and exotic fruits at the turkish market near where I live. I find that when you go out to explore not having any expectations you find the most amazing places. This recipe is so quick and easy there will be plenty of time to go on an adventure for raw unprocessed nuts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment