Monday, July 9, 2012

Raw Ginger Sauce

Quick & Easy Ginger Sauce

         Awaken your tastebuds with this flavorful ginger sauce that has a unique spiciness and sweetness. Not only is it raw but it's also extremely good for you. If you search ginger's many benefits you'll be amazed with this root and its many health promoting properties. All of the other complimenting ingredients are just as nutritious and create the most flavorful dressing I have ever tasted. No joke, I go through about 32oz a week, it's just that good. I use it for a variety of dishes, my favorites being garden fresh kale, swiss chard and cherry tomatoes mixed with brown rice and ginger sauce. Brown rice is obviously not raw but in moderation it's okay to have cooked foods that are whole and unprocessed. It's all about what makes you feel good and what your body can digest easily. I feel just fine with a little brown rice every once in a while but it's all up to you and your body.

       Raw food is an exciting journey, if you are just starting out this is a great recipe because you can incorporate it with cooked and raw meals. I know it can be tough to start out all raw so easing into it by replacing fatty dressings with raw nutritious dressings can be a step towards your health goals. Of course only until you realize how wonderful they make you feel and before you know it all you crave is raw wholesome food. Your tastes buds literally awaken and you can even taste the difference from a farm fresh tomato and an old super market tomato. Speaking of tomatoes, I love ginger sauce like I love ketchup and I love ketchup! For my next food adventure I am going to ferment some tomatoes to make a raw ketchup yumm. I have been experimenting with fermentation of all sorts and I actually had success on everything so I am really excited to share my dill pickles, gherkin pickles, and sauerkraut recipes!


Prep Time: 10 minutes
Serving Size: a little over 16oz
Tools Needed: Blender, Knife, Peeler

Ingredients
1/2 cup ginger
1/2 cup onion (scallions and/or leeks)
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup Bragg liquid aminos (soy sauce or nama shoyu not raw but same concept)
1/4 cup Bragg apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp coconut nectar -or- one date
1/2 tbsp turmeric
1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
1 tsp peppercorn ground


Instructions
Peel the ginger and garlic.
Blend ginger, onion, garlic and water together first until smooth.
Then blend in the rest of the ingredients
Refrigerate or serve right away.

It's that easy! If you are using a date instead of coconut nectar, add that into the mix first as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment