Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Raw Chili

The Best Healthy Chili!

I never liked chili until I made this, it's sweet and spicy just like I like it! I have to admit sometimes I slowcook beans to add into the raw chili, making it semi-raw. I would eat raw beans if we were able to digest them properly and if they tasted good. Non-cooked beans are bitter and really hard to digest! When they are cooked they are still hard to digest but not as bad, especially when slow cooked. 
We all know the saying...beans the magical fruit the more you eat the more you toot. ;-)

The chili "meat" is very good by itself but if you prefer heated chili, I recommend placing your serving on the dehydrator for a little bit.
Ingredients:

2 cups nut of choice
I use walnuts and almonds. If I don't have nuts, I substitute with sweet potatoes or yams.
1/2 cup Raisins
1 Large Carrot
20 or less Sun dried Tomatoes
4 Medium Tomatoes -or- 2 Large
2 Red Bell Peppers
1 Garlic Clove
Onion, Leek -or- Shallot amount depends on how much you like onion!
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tbsp Agave Nectar -or- 1-2 dates
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne

Directions:
-Process the nuts and carrots first and then add in the raisins and remaining ingredients.

-If you want to keep this entirely raw add in 1/4 cup oil of choice to moisten the mixture (olive oil is recommended) Then place your serving on the dehydrator or in the oven at the lowest temperature to warm it up.

-If you want real deal chili, add in beans with a little bit of bean soak water at time of eating. This will heat and moisten the "meat" mixture.

Here is a brief run through of the ingredients.



No comments:

Post a Comment